The Current Contest
Kids’ Standard Magazine’s Summer Writing Contest
Theme: How Does Kids’ Standard Help Me Grow
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017
two $50 cash prizes in elementary division (grades k-5)
one $100 cash prize in middle school division (grades 6-8)
one $100 cash prize in high school division (grades 9-12)
- The contest is open to all writers from Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Entries should be focused on interpreting the theme “How Does Kids’ Standard Help Me Grow?”
- Writers are encouraged to research Kids’ Standard’s mission, vision, and activities; discuss multiple points and support them with relevant examples and explanations.
- Each entry in elementary division should be approximately 500 words (750 words in middle school and high school divisions) and contain a title and the writer’s name, school, and grade level directly under the title (entries longer than 800 words or without required information will be disqualified).
- Entries should be submitted electronically to Kids’ Standard’s editor, Arina Bokas (firstname.lastname@example.org), in the Microsoft Word format (double spaced, 12” Arial or New Roman font).
Winners will be announced in late August and awarded their prizes at their schools in September.